Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Skater Hat Birthday - Stampin' Up! Hats Off

   Have you noticed that I've been sharing more masculine cards lately?  I've been trying to make more guy cards to have on hand so I'm not always rushing to get something made and in the mail.  My best work certainly doesn't come out of rushing.  So when I see some inspiration for a masculine card I'm going to jump on it!  The Inspired By Challenge has a great inspiration photo with a theme and colors that work for a guy card.  I liked the colors and the photograph divided into strips (inspiration photo at the bottom of my post).


  The Hats Off bundle has been great for guy cards and I thought it would work with the colors from the challenge.  

  I started with a Basic Gray base then embossed a piece of Smoky Slate with the Checks & Dots embossing folder and trimmed it to smaller and smaller strips.  Once those were adhered I stamped the hat in Basic Gray onto Bermuda Bay cardstock and cut it out.  I added the patch with the star and lightning bolt and popped it on the card front with dimensionals.

  I stamped a few little stars in Basic Gray and then embossed the sentiment from Party Puffins in white on the bottom.  To bring in a little bit more of the Cherry Cobbler I topped some silver sequins with retired candy dots and added those. Gotta have a little bit of sparkle even if it's a guy card right?

   Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

 Stamps: Hats Off, Party Puffins

Ink: Basic Gray, Versamark

Paper: Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Bermuda Bay, Cherry Cobbler

Accessories: Checks & Dots embossing folder, Hat Builder dies, white embossing powder, dimensionals, sequins, candy dots (retired)



1 comment:

  1. We are honored that you were inspired to make this fabulous masculine card, Amanda! You captured the photograph elements in great style!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!