Thursday, June 17, 2021

Father's Day Cap - Stampin' Up! Hats Off

   Talk about getting in under the wire!  I made today's card over the weekend and just now am finding time to sit and share it.  It's for the TGIF Challenges which closes in an hour!  Better late then never right?  This is a nice layout challenge with 3 panels across the card front.  I needed another Father's Day card and I thought the layout could work well with the Hats Off bundle.


  I've had this color combo written down for a while in a pile on my stamping desk.  It was inspired by some bedding I saw in a catalog and it just so happens that this pattern from the Host Pattern Party DSP matches perfectly.

  I started with a Pacific Point base and then cut a Stitched Rectangle in Whisper White and topped that with the DSP.

  I cut 2 stitched squares one in Mango Melody and the other in Granny Apple Green and then stamped some of the hat patch stamps in a repeating pattern across them.

  The hat is stamped in Pacific Point onto the same color cardstock and then cut out.  Since this is a pretty busy card already with the bright colors and pattern I kept the hat monotone and just embellished with the sentiment also stamped in Pacific Point.  I popped the hat with dimensionals for a bit of interest.

  Thanks for looking! Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hats Off

Ink: Pacific Point, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green

Paper: Pacific Point, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, Whisper White, Pattern Party DSP

Accessories: Stitched Rectangle dies, Stitched Shapes dies (retired), Hat Builder dies, dimensionals



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!