Thursday, January 7, 2021

Love Notes - Stampin' Up! Banner Year

   Now that we're past the the busy Christmas card season it's time to look ahead to the next busy card season!  Valentine's Day!  I usually send out what cards I have made to extended family and then of course I make a card for my husband and boys.  Some years the Stampin' Up! Valentine's day stamps catch my eye and other times I make due with stamps that I already have.  

  For my card today I'm using one of the Holiday Mini catalog carry over stamp sets.  I used this one a lot all through the fall and winter and I'm happy to be able to use it for Valentine's day as well.  Banner Year is a workhorse with all of the sweet images and sentiments for use with multiple seasons and holidays.

  There are several mail and letter themed stamps in the new Jan.-June Mini catalog so this image from Banner Year is in good company.

  Crumb Cake is used for the card base with a layer of Whisper White up next.  I stamped the sprinkling of hearts from left to right diagonally down the card front in a bright, cheerful assortment of colors (listed below) and then I stamped the 'xoxo' in Crumb Cake before embossing the whole panel with the Subtle embossing folder.

  I used the Layering Square dies to cut the scalloped square out of Flirty Flamingo cardstock and then I added a slightly smaller Whisper White square.  The envelopes are all stamped in Crumb Cake and then the open hearts filled in using the same heart stamp that I used on the large panel.  Each envelope is die cut with the Stitched Shapes dies and then popped up on the large square with dimensionals.

  Sometimes the trick to using smaller images is to group them together and frame them out out with a large diecut or panel.  Simple details like the scallops and stitching keep them from getting lost on the card front.  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Banner Year

Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight, Petal Pink, Crumb Cake

Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Flirty Flamingo

Accessories: Subtle embossing folder, Layering Square dies, Stitched Shapes dies, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!