Monday, January 18, 2021

CAS Floral Birthday - Stampin' Up! Pretty Perennials

   Saturday was a pretty productive day in the stamp room and I was able to play along with a few challenges.  I really liked the sketch at CAS(e) This Sketch and it made me think a bit which is always good.  Of course I wanted to use one of my newer stamp sets and the Pretty Perennials set gave me just what I needed for this challenge.

  

  Isn't this one a beauty?  I think I might be pouting a bit over not having any snow so far this winter and figure if we can't have snow then we might as well jump right to spring.  Enough of these gray and brown days already!  Snow at least looks pretty for a bit right?

  Anyway this one starts with a Pool Party base, then a layer of Basic Black cut with a Stitched Rectangle die.  The flowers are all stamped to fit along with the sketch.  The Bumblebee flowers are stamped off once with the outline detail in full strength ink.  The same treatment goes for the Pool Party leaves.

  After the flowers I stamped the big sentiment in Versamark right over the top of the flowers and embossed in black.  I stamped the smaller 'birthday' sentiment on Basic Black and embossed in white.  After flagging the ends I popped it with mini dimensionals.

  Some Bumblebee enamel dots were added to the flowers as well as few leftover Pool Party sequins which I think came from an old Paper Pumpkin kit.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Pretty Perennials

Ink: Bumblebee, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Versamark

Paper: Pool Party, Basic Black, Whisper White

Accessories: Stitched Rectangle dies, black embossing powder, white embossing powder, dimensionals, In Color enamel dots, sequins (retired)


1 comment:

  1. Ahhh..... love, love all of the happy hues, the perfect bits of sparkle/dimension AND your beautiful interpretation of CTS #403!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!