Friday, January 17, 2020

Honey Bee & Hive - Stampin' Up! Honey Bee - Fab Friday 181

Who is doing the happy Friday dance?  We are definitely doing a little jig here at our house.  We don't have much planned and the weather looks like it's going to be rainy so it's a good time to stay home and relax!

  The Fab Friday team has a fun sketch for this challenge and we hope you have time to join us!


  I used this sketch as a base for designing a card for my stampers to make at my Sale-a-Bration kick off event the other day.  I thought the Honey Bee set would be perfect for this layout.  I simplified it a bit for class so everyone wasn't waiting in line to cut out 5 bees.  Of course to keep with the sketch I have 5 bees on my card!



  I took full advantage of the Honey Bee bundle as well as a piece of the Golden Honey DSP Sale-a-Bration reward.  I think this set is going to be my go to set for all occasion cards.  I think it works wonderfully for hello, birthday, thank you, thinking of you and even sympathy cards.  You'll definitely be seeing this card a lot here over the coming months.

  The bees are lightly colored with Stampin' Blends in So Saffron, Petal Pink and Soft Sea Foam and pull together the card base and bow at the top.  And it doesn't show up at all in the photo but the wings are all colored with clear Wink of Stella for a very delicate shimmer.

  The hive as well as all the bees are popped with dimensionals.

  Check out the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team samples and the stamp along with us.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Honey Bee

Ink: Memento Black, So Saffron

Blends: So Saffron, Soft Sea Foam, Petal Pink

Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sea Foam, Golden Honey DSP (SAB)

Accessories: Detailed Bees dies, Petal Pink organdy striped ribbon, dimensionals, Wink of Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!