Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Hearts Everywhere - Stampin' Up! Heartfelt

  In a house full of boys it's always a bit tricky designing Valentine's day cards that won't get the pre-teen/teen "that's cringey Mom" comment.  I can't get too schmoopy or sappy so that leaves out a lot of Valentine's day themed stamp sets and color combos.  I try to use the products and just give them a little bit less lovey-dovey treatment.

 The Detailed Hearts die is so cool in that it cuts out a whole card front worth of hearts that are all connected.  It's such a cool die that I didn't want to cover it all up with a lot of other stuff.


  The base is Pool Party then I cut the Detailed Hearts from a piece of Whisper White.  I found the regular Whisper White to be a bit flimsy (but still usable) so the Whisper White thick is easier to work with.  After I popped it out of the die I stamped hearts on the solid die cut hearts using Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party and Granny Apple Green ink.  The little heart stamp can be found in the Heartfelt set in the Mini catalog.  Using dimensionals behind the solid hearts I adhered the panel to the card front.

  I embossed with Shimmer white embossing powder the sentiment also from the Heartfelt set and then punched it out using one of the Heart Punches.  The arrow is stamped on a narrow strip of Granny Apple Green with the same ink and then I trimmed the ends to be more arrow like.  These 2 parts are adhered together then onto the card front.

  I added a baker's twine bow and then a variety of sequins to finish this card off.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Heartfelt

Ink: Versamark, Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Granny Apple Green

Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Granny Apple Green

Accessories: Detailed Hearts die, Heart Punch pack, Shimmer white embossing powder, baker's twine, sequins, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!