Friday, November 22, 2019

Classic Stars - Stampin' Up! So Many Stars - Fab Friday 177

Whew!  We made it through another week!  At my house it was just barely but we made it!  It's definitely time for some stamping relaxation as far as I'm concerned.  Let's see what we've got in store for you from Fab Friday to start off this relaxation session!


  A wide open sketch this time!  When I sat down to create it was almost too much space!  I persevered because that's the kind of stamper I am.  My final result isn't exactly like the sketch but you can see the main elements I think!  Which basically boils down to the 2 narrow panels in the corner.


  I had a totally different idea at first that started with the fact that I wanted to use Pretty Peacock for a Christmas card (again!) so I checked Pinterest for some color combos that used Pretty Peacock and saw one that suggested Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive.  Well hello old friends.  Back in the day Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive were the royalty of Christmas card colors.  I think they've taken a backseat to some newer colors lately but I'm happy to say they are just a lovely now paired up with a new color as they were a few years ago.  So my original idea fell through but I loved these colors together so I stuck with it (perseverance right?).

  The base is Pretty Peacock, then a layer of Very Vanilla embossed with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder.  Then I used my handy dandy So Many Stars stamp set and coordinating Stitched Stars dies to stamp and cut a bunch of stars to emboss and layer and pop up.  And I reached into my bag of retired items and used some copper accents to give this card some sparkle.  The embossing and the shimmer paper are both copper and I thought they complimented these colors better than some other metallics I have on hand.  The sequin is from a mixed batched that I think contained Rose Gold so close enough to copper in my book.

  Anyhow, once I got my stars situated I did the 2 banner elements, the larger one with Copper Glimmer paper and the smaller one stamped with a greeting from Itty Bitty Christmas and embossed again with copper.  A little Cherry Cobbler baker's twine bow finishes this one off.

  I hope you'll find inspiration from this sketch as well as the other samples from the Fab Friday team.  I look forward to seeing your creation in the gallery.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: So Many Stars, Itty Bitty Christmas

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Pretty Peacock, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Copper Glimmer (retired), Come to Gather DSP

Accessories: Pinewood Planks e.f., Stitched Stars dies, adhesive pearl, copper embossing powder (retired), dimensionals, Cherry Cobbler baker's twine(retired), Rose gold sequin (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!