Friday, September 27, 2019

Football for the Win - Stampin' Up! For the Win

  Happy Friday stampers!  I hope you've had a good week!  I've been MIA this week due to lots of commitments as well as my monthly stamp club.  But I couldn't miss out on a Fab Friday challenge post!  We have a great new sketch to work with this week.


  I took some liberties with the sketch for my Design Team card but I think you'll be able to see that I was definitely inspired by the sketch.  I went with a seasonal card.  By season I mean football season!  My son had his first middle school football game this week so I wanted to mark the occasion with a little card for him.  This is an easy one to alter for specific teams; just change out the banner colors to your team colors and voila-- a personalized card!


  So can you see the sketch?  If not you'll just have to trust me that I was definitely working with the sketch when I sat down to stamp. 

  And try as I might I just cannot get my greens to photograph true to life so you'll have to trust me that the green really is Call Me Clover!  I thought it looked like a nice green football field before the season starts.  It even has a bit of texture thanks to the Subtle embossing folder.

  This was a fun to card to make with creating a football with the Hammered Metal embossing folder and some Whisper White scraps.  I hand cut the shape and sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink for extra detail.  Then I used a few dimensionals to pop the ball up.

  The banners are simply embossed with white embossing powder on Night of Navy cardstock.  Go Team is popped with a dimensional and the game day on is just tucked under the edge of the ball.

  Finally, the stars are stamped with the Stamparatus for perfect alignment.

  Head over to Fab Friday to see the rest of the Design Team and their fabulous projects.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: For the Win

Ink: Versamark, Call Me Clover, Soft Suede

Paper: Call Me Clover, Whisper White, Night of Navy, Soft Suede

Accessories: Subtle embossing folder, Hammered Metal embossing folder, white embossing powder, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. This card is so fun!! Love how you used the football rather than a circle. Great design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!