Monday, August 5, 2019

What a Cute Dino - Stampin' Up! Dino Days

  Sometimes when I set out to design a card for class I have no plan other than to make an "easy" card.  While I think my classes are doable for all levels of stampers sometimes I can have projects that require a bit more time or are technique heavy so to balance those projects sometimes a card is just simply... simple.

  Which brings us to today's card that we made at my July stamp club.  It's just basic stamping, basic die cutting and a basic layout.  I think the Dino Days stamp set is super cute and I just wanted to make a cute card that would balance out the other 2 class projects that were a bit more involved.


 See.  Simple. Basic. Cute.  At least I think so!  Nothing fancy or over the top here just a nice balanced card with some fun colors taken right from the Dinoroar DSP.  The only things to note for this card is when die cutting the back spikes for the T Rex there is a wider than usual "extra" band to the side of the spikes, this extra is so that you can have room to adhere it to the backside of the dino image.  If it cut right along the stamping it would be too narrow for adhesive.

  I gave my stampers a choice of a few of the sentiments that come in the set or to use the Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set.  A few of those sentiments reference "old" and "age" so for the right person you could tease a bit that they are as old as a dinosaur!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Dino Days

Ink: Pool Party, Old Olive, Mango Melody

Paper: Pool Party, Old Olive, Whisper White, Dinoroar DSP

Accessories: Stitched Shapes dies, Dino dies, white baker's twine, dimensionals

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!