Friday, April 12, 2019

Out of Season Pup - Stampin' Up! Happy Tails - Fab Friday 161

  Sometimes you have a card in your mind and you just have to make it regardless of whether it's seasonally appropriate or not.  I've had this Christmas dog card in my head for a while.  Something about a black dog with a red plaid/checkered pattern was stuck in my head.  So, happy spring to you all!! I present a Christmas dog 9 months early!

  Oh and it's also a Fab Friday challenge day!  And we have this versatile sketch for you to work with!


  I know right??  It can be anything!  Even a Christmas dog in April!  Don't ever say the Fab Friday team doesn't give you choices!


 Oh and something about it being near the end of a catalog period always makes me re-evaluate all the stuff that I didn't get around to using or using completely up and it makes me feel a bit guilty but then I use some of it on a card and I feel better that I had "just the right thing" to make that card in my head.  So this card is a combination of retired and current and maybe soon to be retired...we'll know soon!

  I hope you'll check out the awesomely talented Fab Friday Design Team and play along with our challenge this time!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Happy Tails, Christmas Pines

Ink: Versamark, Mossy Meadow

Paper: Very Vanilla thick, Very Vanilla, Mossy Meadow, Basic Black, Festive Farmhouse DSP (retired)

Accessories: Dog Builder punch, tinsel trim (retired), clear embossing powder, Stitched rectangle framelits, dimensionals, gold star stickers (Sincerely Santa tag kit, retired)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's because my grandmother has always had a black lab who wears a red collar that makes me love this so much. He really pops against the red plaid! There is nothing wrong with getting a head start on Christmas cards. Having a stash of cards ready to go in December gives you time for all the other things we try to squeeze in during the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!