Monday, February 4, 2019

Crocodile Love - Stampin' Up! Hey Love

 I didn't make it into the stamp room this weekend but luckily I have a whole pile of projects I haven't shared yet.  And I think it's high time that I share some Valentine's day cards since the day is right around the corner.



  The Hey Love set has such cute little critters that can be used for all occasions but I think they shine for Valentine's day.  And a bonus: they are a great size for coloring with Stampin' Blends.  They aren't too small that the little bits are hard to color and not too big that it will take forever to color!

  The card base is Whisper White thick and then covered with a piece Tropical Escape DSP.  I layered a piece of Whisper White cut with the new Rectangle Stitched framelits.  The 2 strips are Shaded Spruce and Petal Pink.  I did a little line of paper piercing on the Petal Pink strip.

  Flirty Flamingo makes a great background for the crocodile (alligator??).  I cut a stitched circle and then embossed it with the Subtle embossing folder.

  The crocodile is stamped in Memento black and then colored in with Granny Apple Green and Flirty Flamingo Stampin' Blends.  After I had him/her all colored in I used the Stampin' Blends Color Lifter to add the light texture along the back.  I just lightly tapped the bullet tip to the Granny Apple Green.  It's a nice way to add a little extra to a project.

 A little bit of fussy cutting and then I popped the crocodile up onto the Flirty Flamingo circle.  I added a tiny baker's twine bow with an adhesive rhinestone in the center.

  The sentiment is stamped onto the rectangle in Shaded Spruce ink and I used the retired owl punch to punch a Petal Pink heart to add next to the sentiment.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hey Love

Ink: Memento Black, Shaded Spruce

Blends: Granny Apple Green light & dark, Flirty Flamingo light & dark, Color Lifter

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Tropical Escape DSP, Petal Pink, Shaded Spruce, Flirty Flamingo

Accessories: Subtle embossing folder, Stitched Rectangle framelits, Stitched Shapes framelits, dimensionals, baker's twine, adhesive rhinestone, Owl Punch (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!