Monday, November 6, 2017

Teen Congrats - Stampin' Up! Sunshine Wishes Thinlets

 We were honored to be invited to a family friends bar mitzvah last weekend and of course the occasion had to be marked with a card!  So a teen card for a religious occasion....wow!  Talk about a challenging card to make!

  I decided to do a straight up congratulations card in some guy colors.  I figured some texture and angles would fit the bill.


   The card base is Basic Black, then a layer of Whisper White.  I cut a piece of Island Indigo on an angle and embossed it with the Hexagons embossing folder.  I adhered the embossed piece to a panel of Sahara Sand that I stamped some speckles from the Swirly Bird stamp set and then embossed some gold stars.  The stars are in the Tabs for Everything set.

  I cut 2 "congrats" with the Sunshine Wishes Thinlets, and layered the Whisper White one behind and slightly offset from the black one.  I popped it up with very small pieces of dimensionals.

  The smaller sentiment from Sunshine Sayings was stamped on Whisper White cardstock with Versamark and embossed in gold.

  Since the card was for a 13 year old boy I couldn't add any ribbon so I went with some retired candy dots in black and Island Indigo sprinkles on both parts of the card.

 Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sunshine Sayings, Tabs for Everything, Swirly Bird

Ink: Sahara Sand, Versamark

Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Island Indigo

Accessories: Hexagons embossing folder, gold embossing powder, Sunshine Wishes thinlets, dimensionals, candy dots (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!