Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Daisy Birthday - Stampin' Up! Daisy Delight

  Am I the only one who buys a pack of Designer Series Paper because I love the patterns and designs but then don't use it on my cards?  Sometimes its hard to cut into that beautiful paper and we all need encouragement to use it and not hoard it.  Isn't it sad to think about all that beautiful paper sitting on a shelf getting dusty and faded?

  My card today uses a nice chunk of the Delightful Daisy DSP.  I like this layout and I've used variations of it before but it's a great way to show off a big piece of DSP.  A lot of patterns look better larger than with just a small strip so don't be afraid to cut into it and go big!


  Wisteria Wonder is not listed as one of the colors in the Delightful Daisy DSP but it works beautifully with several of the designs.  I used it for my card base and then added the DSP to cover almost all of the front.

  A Night of Navy Stitched Shapes circle gives a nice contrast to show off the popped up Wisteria Wonder daisy.  I stamped it and punched it out twice for a more full flower.  I used a blender pen to add a light wash of Wisteria Wonder ink to the petals.  The center is stamped in Daffodil Delight.

 The happy birthday sentiment is stamped in Night of Navy, flagged and popped up.  I added a bit of retired Crushed Curry baker's twine in a bow.

  If you're ready to buy some DSP and get to cardmaking then you don't want to miss out on the Buy 3 Get 1 Free DSP sale that Stampin' Up! is having for the month of October.  Head to my online store to get started.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Daisy Delight, Sunshine Sayings

Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight

Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White, Night of Navy

Accessories: Stitched Shapes framelits, Daisy punch, dimensionals, Crushed Curry Baker's twine (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!