Thursday, June 29, 2017

Sending Love with Blooms - Stampin' Up! Garden in Bloom

  So you know when you're stamping and things are coming together really nicely?  And you're liking how all the elements are looking?  And the layout is good?   And then you adhere something and
 ---screeeeeech---  all the stamping love and mojo comes to a sudden halt because the main element of the card is completely crooked?  Please tell me I'm not the only one this happens to?  That's exactly what happened to this card.  I was loving all of it; colors, layout, pop of black and now all I can see is the tilt.  Usually I can pop the layer off and re-position it but I used Tear Tape this time and once it's on, it's on!


  It's not all fun and games in the stamp room I guess.  But I do still like the card and will certainly be using this color combo again.  The card base is Sahara Sand which is a nice cool neutral against these brights.  The Garden in Bloom set has been around for a while and I still find it useful as a nice 2 step floral set. The larger flowers are stamped in Daffodil Delight with the second layer stamp stamped off once.  The leaves are stamped the same way but with Lemon Lime Twist.  LLT is such a perfect summer green and it looks wonderful with Daffodil Delight.  The little blue flowers are stamped in Soft Sky and then cut out and popped up on dimensionals.

  Using my go to sentiment set Sunshine Sayings and coordinating Sunshine Wishes thinlets I stamed the 'sending' in black and then die cut the 'love' in Basic Black.  To make the larger word pop a bit more I pressed the die cut into my Versamark pad and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  It gives it a nice shine and texture.

  I used the Layering Squares framelit to make the scalloped edges.  I just used the largest scalloped square die and cut several narrow lengths and then lined up the scallops and adhered them to the back of the flower panel.  The narrow 1/2" or 3/4" strips that we all save in our scrap bags are perfect for this.

  A length of retired Soft Sky (or maybe Pool Party??) stitched satin ribbon is folded underneath the main panel.  A black baker's twine bow anchors the right side of the ribbon.  And finally it was all adhered to the card base; crooked of course!


We went on a little hike yesterday and this is the end of one of the trails.  Check out that view out over several lakes!  It was a nice place to sit and relax and watch the comings and goings of boats and forget about crooked cards!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Garden in Bloom, Sunshine Sayings

Ink: Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist, Soft Sky, Black

Paper: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Basic Black

Accessories: Layering Squares framelits, Sunshine Wishes thinlets, stitched satin ribbon, black baker's twine, dimensionals, clear embossing powder


2 comments:

  1. Amanda, your card is beautiful and the slant is hardly noticeable. I have had great success in using the heat tool to remove an 'error' even when I have used Tear & Tape, Tombow, Fast Fuse, etc. Just heat and pry up gently. Try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, this card is beautiful and looks like you MEANT to tilt the panel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!