Friday, June 23, 2017

It's the Bomb Pop - Stampin' Up! Cool Treats - Fab Friday 115

 Now that it's officially summer we can go full force with the summer treats right?  We have a pile of ice pops and bomb pops in our freezer so our family is ready...and the heat seems to have arrived so it's perfect timing!

  It's a Fab Friday sketch challenge this week!  We've got several layers to play around with so there should be lots of great ideas in the gallery.




  I thought some fun frozen treats would be perfect with this layout and the bright colors work perfectly for those summer celebrations.  This could be a great birthday card or even a 4th of July card!  I love me some red, white and blue (or Tempting Turquoise as the case may be)!


    The card base is Whisper White thick and then layered with Tempting Turquoise and more Whisper White panels.  The large Whisper White panel is embossed with the new Ruffled 3D Dymanic Textured embossing folder.  It's hard to see but it give a cool wavy look.  I thought it kind of resembled a flag waving in the breeze so that kind of goes with the 4th of July theme.

  Next, is a Real Red flagged strip stamped with the little stars from the Tabs for Everything set.  Definitely take a look at this set if you need some smaller words and images.  I have used it way more than I thought I would when I first received it at the the Stampin' Up! On Stage event in April. And we're only one month into the new catalog.

 I used the Cool Treats stamp set to make the bomb pops by stamping several in Real Red and Tempting Turquoise and then cutting the layers and adding Whisper White to make 3 bomb pops.  The sticks were stamped in Crumb Cake and then fussy cut and adhered to the back of the pops.  I popped them up with dimensionals.

  Finally we have the sentiment stamped in Real Red using the Tabs for Everything set.  I combined 2 different stamps to get the 'celebrate today'.  Digging out my Silver Glimmer paper scraps I punched a few stars and popped them up with the new mini dimensionals---they are so cute!

  Check out the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team for more inspiration for this sketch challenge.  Hope to see your card in the gallery!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Cool Treats, Tabs for Everything

Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red

Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Whisper White

Accessories: Ruffled 3D Dymanic Textured embossing folder, dimensionals, star punch (retired)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!