Friday, March 31, 2017

Extra Special Dad - Fab Friday 109 - Stampin' Up! Custom Tee

  Whew!  We made it through another week!  We deserve a little something special to celebrate, don't we?  How about some extra time stamping this weekend?  The Design Team at Fab Friday has a fun sketch to help you get the weekend started off right!

  I will admit that I struggled a bit with this sketch.  I just couldn't get those skinny elements to look right going over the top of the large panel.  I decided to stop fighting it and just interpret the sketch a little different.  Remember it's just a starting point so don't be afraid to tweak your design a bit.  You can still see the essential parts of the sketch though right?  And I did flip it because, why not?  I'm all sorts of a rebel this time!



  And here's my take:

  

  I wanted to start working on my Father's Day cards since sometimes guy cards can be really hard and under pressure can make it even worse!

  The card base is Whisper White thick and I built up the rest of my card on top of a Pool Party panel.

  The different sentiments are stamped in Pacific Point, Emerald Envy, and white embossing.  I used several different stamp sets to achieve this look; "You Rock!" and "The Best" (and the heart and star) are made with the Labeler Alphabet, "Fabulous" and "Amazing" are from Thoughtful Banners, "One in a Million", "Rad Dad" and "Love You" are part of the Custom Tee set and "Wonderful" is found in the Sunshine Sayings set.

  The tee is stamped in Pacific Point with accents in Emerald Envy.  I hand cut it out and popped it up with dimensionals over a strip of Pacific Point and an embossed piece of Emerald Envy.

  I added a few Pacific Point enamel shapes to balance that side of the card.

  I hope it's close enough to the sketch!

  Please check out the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team samples and then play along with us!  I'd love to see your creation in the gallery!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Custom Tee, Labeler Alphabet, Thoughtful Banners, Sunshine Sayings

Ink: Emerald Envy, Pacific Point, Versamark

Paper: Whisper White, Whisper White thick, Pool Party, Emerald Envy, Pacific Point

Accessories: white embossing powder, dimensionals, Festive embossing folder, enamel shapes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!