Friday, March 24, 2017

All Occasion Blossom - Stampin' Up! Avant Garden

  Sometimes I'm surprised by which stamp sets catch my eye initially and which ones I end up using the most.  Avant Garden was a pretty flower set that I liked but didn't think I would be using it half as much as I have during this year's Sale-a-Bration.


  You can't get more simple than this card!  It starts with an Old Olive base stamped with the little leaf/branch stamp in Old Olive ink.  Then I dug through my stash of retired Newsprint DSP as a layer behind the flower.

  The flower is stamped in black onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  I used the Watercolor pencils to color in the flower and stem.  A blender pen blended the colors nicely.  Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry and Daffodil Delight were the colors I used.

  I used a bit of the vanilla/gold ribbon and added just a bit of sparkle to the blossoms with some Wink of Stella.

  I left off a sentiment on the front and can add whatever sentiment I need on the inside before mailing.  It's great to have a few all occasion cards in your stash because as much as we would like to design a card for every occasion sometimes there just isn't time!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Avant Garden

Ink: Basic Black, Old Olive

Paper: Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry, Newsprint DSP (retired)

Accessories: vanilla/gold ribbon, Wink of Stella, watercolor pencils

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!