Friday, September 23, 2016

Star of Wonder - Stampin' Up! Star of Light

 It's never too early to make Christmas cards but it's definitely too early to decorate for Christmas or buy any decorations.  I've seen decorations in the stores already along with peppermint flavored stuff....meanwhile in Central Virginia the temps have still been in the 80s!

 Anyway, I have another Christmas card to share today.  Next week I'll have a few more fall themed cards but I want my stampers to get the first peek at them next week at class so all my online stamping friends will just have to wait a bit longer!

  I love love love stars especially at Christmas.  I think I've mentioned that I put up a separate Christmas tree in my front entry way that just has star ornaments on it.  It's a much smaller tree than the one that goes up in the living room but still....all stars.  Needless to say when I saw the new Star of Light bundle in the Holiday catalog it was the first item on my wish list!  I'm going to have design an ornament with this bundle for sure!


  I think this color combination was from a challenge a week or 2 back but I can't remember which one.  I really should save the challenge graphic as soon as I make the card but that would mean I would have to be more organized!  I really like this color combo.  Gold and Night of Navy is a classic combo for star cards but add in the Watermelon Wonder and it gives a nice little spin.

  The base is Night of Navy with the swirls stamped in gold ink.  The sentiment is embossed in gold onto a narrow strip of Night of Navy.  The stars were cut out using the Starlight Thinlets.  Get the stamp set and thinlets together in a bundle and save 10%!  The background star is Watermelon Wonder, then I used Gold Glimmer paper, then a smaller Night of Navy Star and finally a small Gold Glimmer paper star on top popped with a dimensional.

  The delicate designs really shine with the Gold Glimmer paper and are fun to layer with the different patterns.

  I hope you get some stamping time in over the weekend!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Star of Light

Ink: Gold, Versamark

Paper: Night of Navy, Gold Glimmer paper, Watermelon Wonder

Accessories: Starlight thinlets, dimensionals, gold embossing powder

  

  

1 comment:

  1. Very Pretty! This is one of my favorite sets in the Catalog! Also the Pretty Pines and Christmas Pines Bundle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!