Monday, September 12, 2016

Christmas Pine Wreath - Stampin' Up! Christmas Pines

I had a bit of stamping time on Friday and got a few new cards made to show this week.  I used some challenges I follow to get me going.  It's a good thing I had Friday to stamp because our weekend was jam packed with activities.  We had soccer games, football game and church activities so not much time to get inky over the weekend.

  For this card I used the CAS(e) This Sketch challenge as my starting point and I immediately decided to do a wreath.  That large circle just was calling out to be made into a wreath.


  This is the first time I've used the Christmas Pines stamp set and Pretty Pines Thinlets (these are bundled to save 10%!!).  I also got the new Merry Medley background stamped inked for the first time.  So many fun new products for Christmas!

  The card base is Crumb Cake stamped with Crumb Cake ink with the large Merry Medley background.

  I cut a Crumb Cake circle with the layering circles framelits to create a base on which to build my wreath.  Then I cut out multiple pine branches with the 3 sizes of dies using Mint Macaron and Emerald Envy.  Once I had a decent stack of branches I cut some of the bigger ones smaller and layered them onto the form gluing them down with Tombow Mono Multi glue.

  After I had all the branches down I added some enamel dots in Real Red for some fun berries.

  Then sentiment is stamped on a strip of vellum and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  I attached it to the wreath using glue dots behind the letters.  Finally I did a double layer bow with the retired gold cording.  The whole wreath is popped up on dimensionals.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Merry Medley, Christmas Pines

Ink: Crumb Cake, Versamark

Paper: Crumb Cake, Mint Macaron, Emerald Envy, Vellum

Accessories: Pretty Pines thinlets, Layering Circles framelits, gold embossing powder, enamel dots, dimensionals, gold cord (retired)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!