Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Swirly Kite - Stampin' Up! Swirly Bird

  The Swirly Bird stamp set is really one of the most versatile sets that I've owned in quite a while.  Add in whatever sentiment you want and this set can cover just about any reason you have to send a card.  Add in the Swirly Scribbles thinlets and the sky's the limit!

  For my new catalog party a few weeks ago I wanted to use the Swirly Bird bundle but didn't want to use the obvious choice of the swirls as the focal point.  I had done a bunch of samples like that already and wanted my stampers to see what else they could do with these stamps.  I liked the kite and it worked well to pair up 2 of the new In Colors with one of last years colors.



  The kite is stamped with Emerald Envy and Mint Macaron.  The string is Early Espresso with Flirty Flamingo bows.  The kite is cut out and popped with a dimensional and one of the new metallic enamel dots in the center.

  Behind the kite panel is a Flirty Flamingo scribble that I cut in half to to fill the space better.  A bit of Emerald Envy ruched ribbon tied in a knot was added to the scribble.

  Finally we used the Sunshine Sayings stamp set for the sentiment.  Clearly I need to re-ink my Early Espresso pad!  This is a great set too as you can mix and match for lots of different sentiments as well as pair them up with the coordinating Sunshine Wishes thinlets.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Swirly Bird, Sunshine Sayings

Ink: Early Espresso, Emerald Envy, Mint Macaron, Flirty Flamingo

Paper: Mint Macaron, Flirty Flamingo, Whisper White

Accessories: Swirly Scribbles thinlets, ruched ribbon, Metallic enamel shapes, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!