Monday, April 4, 2016

Celebrate with Bright Colors - Stampin' Up!

  When it gets down towards the end the Stampin' Up! annual catalog demonstrators start looking at their supplies to see what needs to be used before the retiring list comes out.  When I sat down to design the projects for my March stamp club I realized I had a whole pack of Tangelo Twist cardstock.  Since this color is a 2014-2016 In Color and will be retiring in May I wanted to get some use from it.  Problem is it's a color I find hard to use.  It's good to give ourselves challenges now and then isn't it?  I even reached out to my Fab Friday friends for ideas.  They had some good ones involving carrots for Easter but I already had an Easter project planned....back to the drawing board.

  I finally came up with this card that we made in class.  I like how even though it uses 2 bright colors, the It's My Party DSP and the black sentiment along with the many layers keep it from being blinding.  So for all of you out there that still have a lot of Tangelo Twist cardstock left there is hope!



  I combined 3 different stamp sets to make this design come together.  Balloon Celebrations, Party with Cake, and Gorgeous Grunge.

  The balloon is stamped in black and then filled in with Crushed Curry, punched out and popped up over the sentiment panel.  The black baker's twine is tied around the balloon end and I secured the little loop with a rolled up glue dot.

 The small spots are stamped with Tangelo Twist and the sentiment is stamped over it in black.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Balloon Celebrations, Party with Cake, Gorgeous Grunge

Ink: Crushed Curry, Tangelo Twist, Black

Paper: Tangelo Twist, Smoky Slate, Whisper White, It's My Party DSP

Accessories: Balloon punch, baker's twine, glue dot, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!