Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Garden Poinsettia - Stampin' Up! Garden in Bloom

 It's always fun to try to make a seasonal card with a stamp set that isn't seasonal at all.  So today I've got Stampin' Up!'s Garden in Bloom set to make a Christmas card!  Cool right?




  I didn't even use the flower stamps but the butterflies!  I simply stamped the butterfly twice, rotating it so the "petals" overlapped. Some I did full strength on both layers and others I just stamped again without reinking.  The same with the leaves which are stamped in Old Olive.

  The background is fun too because is many of the stamps from the Oh, What Fun stamp set (it goes with the adorable tag kit!).  I arranged them on a large clear block and then stamped them all at once filling up the card front.  It's a very quick and easy way to make a background.

  I stamped the greeting (also from Oh, What Fun), cut a flag and attached it to the poinsettia panel with a retired gold brad.  That whole piece is popped up on dimensionals.  The centers of the flowers have Gold Glitz Dazzling Details in the centers.

  The red ribbon was from last year's Holiday Catalog and I had some leftover but you can easily switch it out for a current ribbon.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Garden in Bloom, Oh, What Fun

Ink: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Old Olive

Paper: Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Whisper White

Accessories: Gold Glitz Dazzling Details, dimensionals, gold brad (retired), Real Red ribbon (retired)
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. What a neat idea! I didn't see the butterflies until I read how you did it. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!