Friday, January 16, 2015

Octopus Love

  Just like my card from yesterday, I made a Valentine's day (or I love you card!) using a non-Valentine's day stamp set.

  I hadn't used this sweet little octopus from the Sea Street set since August when I made this card for a stamp club project.  And I thought it was high time to break him out again.  I used a similar idea in the past by having the octopus hold a die cut number for a birthday in his tentacle (this is a great way to personalize a kids birthday card!).  So today he has a nice Glimmer Paper heart in honor of Valentine's Day.


  Since these colors from the Colour Me...Challenge are so bold I tempered them with a clean layout courtesy of Sketch Frenzy Friday.

  Here is a close up off the tentacle and heart.  I used a craft knife to carefully cut around the top and bottom and then slip the heart underneath.


  Some other details to note: the faux stitching around the Pacific Point panel.  I wanted to add something to that panel but I didn't want to make the card too busy or add another pattern.  This was a subtle way to ground that layer.  I just used the chalk marker and freehanded all the way around.

  Also, the sentiment is heat embossed with black ink right onto the Whisper White panel.  Looking at the card now I should have put it on the other side to balance the heart.  Oh well.  I still think it came out cute!

  For some other fun ideas with this set check these out: Sweet Octopus Birthday, Sea Street Get Well, Crazy Eight Birthday and Under the Sea.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sea Street, Good Greetings (Hostess- retired)

Ink: Pacific Point, Versamark

Paper: Pacific Point, Whisper White, Maritime DSP, Real Red Glimmer paper

Accessories: Circle framelits, black embossing powder, dimensionals, Hearts a Flutter framelits, chalk marker

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, your card is SO cute! I really like the details of the stitching and glittery heart. I bet an octopus hug would be pretty epic with all those tentacles so he makes the perfect little critter for a 'love you' card. -Julia CMCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so, so, so cute!!!! Placing the heart in his tentacle is genius! Super job! Thanks for playing with us at Colour me! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!