Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Sweet Octopus Birthday

  I  made this sweet card for our darling niece who just had a birthday.  I used a few challenges to get the creative juices flowing and the Color Coach for my color combo.


 I just can't get enough of the Sea Street set and especially the octopus!  How can you resist that grin??  The challenges I used were Mojo Monday 353 for the layout and Paper Players 203 for the beach theme challenge.  While I've never seen an octopus when I've been at the beach I think it still kind of fits right?? Is it a stretch?  =)

  The base is Lost Lagoon with a piece of Moonlight DSP that looks like waves.  I added an embossed strip of Rich Razzleberry Core'dinations with a narrow strip of Silver Glimmer paper.  I paper pierced a piece of Pink Pirouette to finish off the backdrop to the focal image.

  Little octopus is stamped in Rich Razzleberry and layered on top of a piece of Lost Lagoon.  The final details of the sketch are the starfish punched out with a circle punch and the happy birthday sentiment punched out with the word window punch and finished off with a rhinestone.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sea Street, And Many More

Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Lost Lagoon

Paper: Lost Lagoon, Moonlight DSP, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Silver Glimmer (retired color), Rich Razzleberry Core'dinations (retired)

Accessories: Decorative Dots e.f., circle punch, word window punch, paper piercer

 

2 comments:

  1. Another adorable card, Amanda! The grinning octopus is perfect for our them and your use of the sketch is fantastic! thank you for joining the beach-y fun this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your color choice and use of chalk lines! I can hardly wait to get that set! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!