Thursday, February 6, 2014

Watercolor Tag

  I've had today's project ready to share for a while now but last week the snow in our area prompted me to cancel my Tuesday night class.  We rescheduled for this past Tuesday night and had a great time catching up with each other since December was the last time we had stamping.  I like to wait to share class projects until my ladies have had a chance to make them themselves.  Kind of a first dibs thing!  If you're in the Richmond area and want first peek on class projects just let me know!  I'd be happy to have you join us!


 One of the first sets to catch my eye in the Occasions catalog was the Happy Watercolor set.  The mix of images, splotches (technical term) and sentiments lends itself to many different kinds of cards.  The different stamps can be used together on one card like in this one or they can be used mixed with other sets.  I know I will get a lot of use out of the splotches and the "thank you".

  For this card we started with a Smoky Slate base.  Then we stamped the little dots down the center in Smoky Slate ink  A strip of Watercolor Wonder DSP fills up the left side of the card.  I love the soft colors and patterns in this pack!

  One of my new favorite tools is the scalloped tag topper punch also in the Occasions catalog.  And from the orders my ladies placed after class they loved it too!!  We punched out a tag and then stamped twice with Daffodil Delight to get our splotches.  Then we stamped the flower right on top using Smoky Slate ink.

  The sentiment is Smoky Slate as well and punched with the large oval punch.  The top of the tag is tied with Smoky Slate (how many times can I write that color in on post??) chevron ribbon and knotted with a piece of Whisper White stitched ribbon.  The tag and oval are all adhered to the card front with dimensionals.  The final touch is a large adhesive rhinestone where the sentiment meets the tag.

  Such a great thank you card especially once spring rolls in!  Or it might be even better to send now that it is cold and wintery and it can brighten someone's day in the midst of all the snow!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Happy Watercolor

Ink: Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate

Paper: Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Watercolor Wonder DSP

Accessories: Scallop Tag Topper punch, large rhinestone, Smoky Slate chevron ribbon, Whisper White stitched ribbon, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!