Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Postage in Guy Colors

  I told you all I would share a card with a different color combo than my last few cards.  Well here it is.  Check out these cool masculine colors!  I got the color combination from the last ColourQ Challenge which closed last night.  And another challenge that I used as inspiration is the CAS-ual Friday challenge which is to make your own background paper on your Clean and Simple card.

   Brilliant Blue and Cool Caribbean are old colors and retired a while ago and I didn't have any on hand to use so I substituted Pacific Point and Pool Party.

  I still had the Sent with Love set along with some other supplies used on my last card out on my stamping desk so I used it again for this card.


  I used the cool little postmark/barcode/hash mark stamp and just inked it up in my four colors and alternated stamping down the side of the Whisper White panel.  I just eyeballed it and varied how much of the image to stamp.  I rounded the corners and added 2 Night of Navy brads (they are pretty close in color to the Midnight Muse) to the corners.

  I stamped the heart stamp in Midnight Muse, punched it out with the postage stamp punch and layered it with a Pool Party square.  The new firm foam pads work wonderfully with solid images like this postage stamp.  Just tap tap tap!  I pulled the Summer Starfruit to that side of the card by punching out a little heart with the Owl punch and adding a rhinestone to it.  The stamp panel is popped up with dimensionals over the Pool Party baker's twine that was wrapped around 3 times.

  The Whisper White layer is popped with more dimensionals onto a Midnight Muse card base.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sent with Love

Ink: Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit, Pool Party, Pacific Point

Paper: Midnight Muse, Whisper White, Pool Party, Summer Starfruit

Accessories: corner rounder, brads, dimensionals, Owl punch, Postage Stamp punch, Baker's Twine, rhinestone

 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Those colors from ColourQ are so pretty together and you used the perfect stamp set to create your background. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Amanda! What a fun stamp set - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!