Friday, March 29, 2013

Fab Dino Birthday!

  It's another Fab Friday challenge, just in time for the Easter holiday.  Maybe you'll have a few days off to get some stamping done?  Maybe you'll join us over at Fab Friday?  You know you want to!  =)

  Check out this fun sketch!  What can you do with it?


  The possibilities are endless as you can see from the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team!  I was in need of a birthday card for a 5 year old boy so that's the direction I went in.  I took my color combination from the recently retired Sale-a-bration Sycamore Street DSP.  I know I'm not the only one out there with a lot of this paper left; and not because I didn't use a lot of it during Sale-a-bration but because I liked it so much I got a lot of it so I wouldn't run out!  Someone who wasn't a stamper would look at my stamp room and call me that "Crazy Paper Lady".  Seriously!



  Success or no?  I like it for a boy card for sure.  The bold colors, the wacky dinosaurs, the fun dots pattern, what crazy little boy wouldn't like it?

  I stamped the 2 dinos in Stazon on Whisper White and then used my blender pen and ink pads to color them in.  Pool Party and Summer Starfruit (a great dinosaur color if you ask me!).  Then I cut out the winged dude and popped him up with dimensionals.  I also added a bit of Crystal Effects to the underside of the Pool Party dino and the beak of the flying guy.

Check out that shine!

  I made my banner out of Tangerine Tango and heat embossed the sentiment in black embossing powder.  Then I added 2 rows of piercing and one of the awesome Sale-a-Bration Sycamore Street buttons.  I flipped it over to the smooth side because it seemed more "boy" to me that way.  A baker's twine knot keeps the button from looking naked.  The banner is also popped up on dimensionals.

Popped up elements because I can't say no to dimensionals!
One last little element on my card is the little bit of Island Indigo rick rack cut with the Tasteful Trim die at the bottom of the dinosaur panel.  It totally reminded me of sharp little dinosaur teeth and again it was more "boy" than scallops!  It kind of gets lost amongst the dots but it's there.

  I hope I'll see your awesome creation added to our gallery for this sketch challenge.  Don't be shy, show off your hard work!  Remember you have almost 2 full weeks to enter your card at Fab Friday so no excuses!  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Dinoroar

Ink: Stazon, Versamark, Pool Party, Summer Starfruit, Sahara Sand

Paper: Island Indigo, Sahara Sand, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Sycamore Street DSP (SAB retired)

Accessories: Crystal Effects, blender pen, Tasteful Trim die, Sycamore Street button (SAB retired), baker's twine, paper piercer, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Great card Amanda, I love the dinos and fantastic colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this cute and boyish card, Amanda. They're always so hard to do but this one is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!