Saturday, August 4, 2012

Simple Flower

  Happy Saturday!  I hope your weekend is off to a good start.  We had our neighbors over last night for some smores on the firepit so all the kids certainly had fun.  How can a sugar sandwich not be fun right?  It looks like it's going to be hot here in Central Virginia today so I think the pool is calling our names. 


  I really like how this card turned out.  It's super simple but the texture on the vase and the rhinestones on the flowers really give it some interest.

  I used the ornament punch to make the vase.  After I punched it out of the new Core'dination cardstock I snipped of the point of the ornament and then ran it through the Big Shot using the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  The Core'dinations cardstock is so cool...you can sand down the raised part of the embossing and there is a lighter colored core that shows through.  It comes in Early Espresso, Gumball Green and Cherry Cobbler.  Check it out in the new Holiday Catalog.


  I inked up one of the stem stamps in the Bright Blossoms set with my Lucky Limeade marker and stamped it onto Whisper White.  To make the flowers I used one of the Itty Bitty Punch pack flowers and the Rich Razzleberry pattern from the Summer Smooches DSP.  I tried to line the punch up in the same place on the pattern so the flowers look alike.  I adhered them with a tiny dab of Mono Multi glue and then added the rhinestones.

  I used the corner rounder on the top two layers and then added the "thinking of you" sentiment from Sweet Essentials (my favorite sentiment set right now- I just love the font and the size is just right!).

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Bright Blossoms, Sweet Essentials

Ink: Early Espresso

Paper: Whisper White, Early Espresso, Core'dinations Early Espresso, Summer Smooches DSP

Accessories: ornament punch, Itty Bitty Punch pack, rhinestones, corner rounder, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!