Sunday, April 1, 2012

Blue Postage Stamp Thank You

  This past week has been quite the whirlwind and I haven't had much time to post any projects!  It was the final week of Sale-a-bration, I had 2 session of stamp club, my 4 Splitcoaststampers Creative Crew April projects were due (which of course I hadn't started yet!), and other obligations for school and family.  I think things will calm down at least I hope they do so I can get some stamping time in just for me!

  I have all of my Creative Crew and stamp club projects to share but I still have some editing to do on the photos so those will be coming in the next week or so.  Right now I have a project that I made a few weeks back when I needed a few more thank yous.  This was a Clean & Simple (CAS) challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  We were to use white and shades of blue on our project.

  Again, I think the colors are funky looking in this photo but I think you get the idea!  A few of my stamping ladies really liked using the postage stamp punch on one of the club projects so hopefully this card gives them a few more ideas for that sweet little punch!


  The base is Marina Mist with a layer of Whisper White textured cardstock on top.  I tied a fork bow using Marina Mist taffeta ribbon to wrap around the base layers. 

  For the image panel I stamped with Marina Mist, Baja Breeze and Pool Party inks using the stamp stamp  (ha! that looks funny!) from the Sale-a-bration set Fresh Vintage.  I also heat embossed the "thank U" with white embossing powder onto Marina Mist cardstock and punched it out with the postage stamp punch.

  I layered all the punches onto another square of Whisper White textured and layered it again on some Marina Mist.

  This card took no time at all!  Sometimes Clean & Simple (CAS) cards take a while to get the right balance of open space and color and layout but this one seemed to come together very quickly.  I should have made more while I was at it!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Fresh Vintage, Pennant Parade (sentiment)

Ink: Marina Mist, Baja Breeze, Pool Party, Versamark

Paper: Whisper White, Whisper White textured, Marina Mist

Accessories: Postage stamp punch, taffeta ribbon

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card, Amanda! I do hope things slow down for you, as I miss you when you're gone! Thanks for sharing - hope to see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!