Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Clean & Simple Notecard

  I hope I'm back in the swing of blogging!  I've actually stamped the last few days so I have some current projects to show you!

  I made a card for the Clean and Simple challenge on Splitcoaststampers this week.  The challenge was to create a CAS (clean and simple) monogrammed card.  Now I know that traditionally monograms have the 3 letters and all but I knew that wasn't going to fit on my card....that and the fact that I don't have any alphabet sets at the moment!  I know????  Can you believe that?  The last alphabet set that I had retired and I just haven't liked any of the new ones enough to buy another set.  At this point I think I'm going to hold out and see what is in the new catalog when it comes out.  So I decided to use my alphabet dies and just use my first initial.

  It was really hard to get a decent photo of this card.  All that white space!  The base is Whisper White to keep everything going along with the CAS feeling.  I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the stamp perfectly on another smaller layer of Whisper White.  I used the border stamp from Fresh Vintage and the colors are Wild Wasabi, Rich Razzleberry and Pool Party.  I saw these colors on some bedding in a home decorating magazine and thought they would rock on a card....they do!



  Next I used the Simple Alphabet die to cut out my "a".  I used Whisper White textured cardstock instead of the smooth for the letter to give some more dimension to the card.  I added a Rich Razzleberry brad to the bottom of the "a" and then mounted the whole panel on the base using dimensionals.

  I hope you can play along with this Splitcoaststampers challenge and create you own CAS Monogrammed card!  Don't forget that there are only a few weeks left to get Sale-A-Bration rewards with each $50 you spend!  Let me know if you need help deciding....I know it can be hard to choose!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Fresh Vintage

Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Wild Wasabi, Pool Party

Paper: Whisper White smooth & textured

Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, brad, Simple Alphabet die, dimensionals

4 comments:

  1. Great card. Found you through SCS. Love the clean look of this notecard and how it pops the A out. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice! I love the clean look of this. Would be a great gift. I gotta get back in the "studio!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the color combo and the use of the die cut letter for the monogram. I much prefer die cut letters for monograms over stamped ones :). You can pop them up! I also like the way you used the border stamp. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Amanda. The CAS style and colors are perfect. Nice card club idea if you ask me!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!