Friday, July 15, 2011

My Boy is 5 Today!!

  I don't know how 5 years have gone by already but my oldest son turned 5 years old today.  Goodness sakes.  We had a friends birthday party at a bounce house place this afternoon, a big birthday dinner tonight (he choose to have grilled salmon for his meal!!) and a BBQ planned for tomorrow to celebrate both of the boys' birthdays (Alex turned 3 on Monday).   We are going to be all birthday'd out after this weekend. 

  Here's the birthday boy 5 years ago....       


  And here is he now.....

   All that to show this very simple, very easy birthday invitation I made for the bounce house party.  As soon as I saw the Pennant Parade stamp set and matching punch on our demonstrator pre-order I knew for sure that I wanted to get it to use for Ryan's birthday.  As his favorite color (right now) is red I wanted to make sure I included some of it on the card.  
  The matching punch has the larger scalloped pennant and the smaller straight edged one.  I used the new In Color Island Indigo, Real Red and Daffodil Delight.  I kept the background very plain since the colors were so bright to begin with I didn't want it to hurt anyone's eyes.  Once I had my pennants made I used the small handheld punch to punch circles to run my bakers twine through. The bakers twine is the perfect thing to hang up the banner.  It's thin enough to thread through the holes and doesn't add bulk or weight to the finished project.  I added the little stamped star which is also part of the Pennant Parade set.  The star punches out perfectly with the little circle in the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack.  The banner is popped on dimensionals (of course).  I added the "Celebrate" in Island Indigo.

  And even though this is a horrible photo here are the goodie bags that I made.  They are exactly the same as the invitations just a bag topper.  I went old school with the paper lunch sacks since I had about 50 sitting around and they were the only bag I had on hand that the long tube of glow sticks  would fit in. 

 
   I hope everyone has a great weekend and squeezes in some stamping time!  

   Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Pennant Parade, Something to Celebrate 

Ink: Island Indigo, Real Red, Daffodil Delight

Paper: Island Indigo, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White

Accessories: Pennant punch, bakers twine, handheld hole punch, dimensionals



3 comments:

  1. Another great post, Amanda! Love seeing your photos. What a fun party this must have been - your card and bags are so sweet. Bright, colorful, and CAS! And your son is SO handsome - Happy Birthday hugs to him from Missouri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Congratulations to you. Your son is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVE this! So simple and cute! Happy Birthday to your son - he's adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!