Monday, July 18, 2011

May Christmas Card Challenge

  So yes, I am several months behind on my goal to get 10 Christmas cards done a month to be ready for the season come December.  I have finished the May & June cards though and will try to find time to make some for July.  I've wanted to use this Patterned Pine set for a long time.  It was a hostess set that retired a few years ago but I've held onto it because it's just so cute. 



























   For this card I used the new In Color Lucky Limeade as the base as well as for the tree panel.  It pairs so nicely with Riding Hood Red for a non-traditional look to the basic Christmas red and green color combination.  I offset some of the bright Lucky Limeade by having a larger panel of Whisper White embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. 

   The trees are embossed (remember to use your embossing buddy!!) with white embossing powder and look really cool against the green.  I used some rhinestone jewels on the tree tops for some added sparkle to that side of the card.  I used the ticket corner punch detail on all the corners which is probably overkill but I just couldn't stop myself once I got started!  The tinsel trim is wrapped around the Whisper White panel twice.  Hopefully the tinsel trim will be released again this year since it's a great little addition to cards and gifts.  The tinsel trim is topped with a Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon fork bow.  It matches close enough to the Riding Hood Red cardstock.  To learn how to tie a fork bow click HERE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?


Stamps: Patterned Pines (retired hostess set)


Ink: Versamark


Paper: Lucky Limeade, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White

Accessories: ticket corner punch, Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder, white embossing powder, tinsel trim, seam binding ribbon

 

1 comment:

  1. Great card Amanda. The tinsel and rhinestones give it that little extra!! Love the corner punches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!