Friday, July 26, 2024

Hey Birthday - Stampin' Up! Hats Off

  Going back in time a bit with my card today!  The Hats Off stamp set retired in 2022 but for some reason I thought it had been longer than that!  Stamping years go by faster or something?!?  I also used the current set, Sayin' Hey for the sentiment .  I thought they paired up nicely for a birthday card for my nephew.  The layout is inspired by the Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge this week.


 Blueberry Bushel makes a nice card base and I used a larger panel of the retired Textured Shimmer paper in Balmy Blue and then a smaller panel of the retired Flowers & More DSP.  I'm trying to be better about using retired paper when I can one small piece at a time!  

  I stamped and cut out 2 hats, one in Azure Afternoon and one in Basic Beige using Azure Afternoon ink and fussy cut them so I could have a blue brim with a beige crown.

  The patch is inked up with Stampin' Write markers and stamped on Basic White.  Once it was cut out I popped the whole hat on dimensionals.

  The 'hey' is stamped in Azure Afternoon and fussy cut and popped.  The 'happy birthday' is stamped in Versamark onto Daffodil Delight and embossed in white.

  And since this card is for a teenage boy I kept the sparkly embellishments to a minimum and just added 2 very small gems above the 'hey'.

  All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sayin' Hey, Hats Off (retired)

Ink: Azure Afternoon, Versamark

Paper: Balmy Blue, Basic White, Basic Beige, Textured Shimmer paper (retired), Flowers & More DSP (retired)

Accessories: Hats Off dies, dimensionals, Stampin' Write markers, gems, white embossing powder



4 comments:

  1. Amanda, LOVE this! Such a great fresh design - I love this set, and the colors you chose for it! Perfect for our sketch! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on our sketch challenge! I love the colors of the cap and the use of the sentiments. Thanks so much for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this clean and simple design! Really is a great way to show off the sketch! Thank you for joining the hand stamped sentiment challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All elements are very well thought out and composed, Amanda. A really striking card. Thanks for joining us a HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!