Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Tie Dye Treat - Stampin' Up! Spiral Dye

   I am finally getting into a routine with the puppy and finding time to get to the stamp room.  I was able to pull out all of the retiring items yesterday and see what I was left with (not much by the way!).  It's always a bit depressing seeing so many products go all at the same time but also exciting to have new things to play with.  My sentiments took a hit and I only have 2 that are carrying over so I think that will be a priority once we can order from the full catalog!

  For today I've got the card that I had made when I was thinking that the current Paper Players challenge was just birthday and not CAS birthday.  As you can see this one is certainly not CAS!  To see the one I ended up making click HERE.


  I had fun pairing up some new In Colors with the new Spiral Dye background stamp along with the still current Sweet Ice Cream stamp set.  How's this for fun?

  I started with a Fresh Freesia card base, then a layer of Whisper White cut with a Stitched Rectangle die.  Next I stamped the Spiral Dye using the new In Color Polished Pink; flipped the cardstock 180 degrees and stamped again in Mango Melody.  I really like how you get another color where the 2 lighter ones overlap.  It's a fun look and will come in handy for some more lighthearted cards this year.  

  Next, I used the 3 colors to stamp the ice cream, adding some sprinkles to the Fresh Freesia one and then popped them on a Cinnamon Cider cone after the punching.

  The sentiment is embossed in black and fussy cut and then popped with dimensionals.  The sentiment banner is stamped and trimmed and also popped with dimensionals.  A little baker's twine bow accents the cone as I couldn't find the In Color jewels that I had ordered.  I did find them after cleaning up a bit so you'll get a look at those soon!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sweet Ice Cream, Spiral Dye

Ink: Fresh Freesia, Polished Pink, Mango Melody, Versamark, Cinnamon Cider, Memento Black

Paper: Fresh Freesia, Whisper White, Cinnamon Cider

Accessories: Ice Cream punch, Stitched Rectangle dies, black embossing powder, dimensionals, baker's twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!