Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Big Celebration - Stampin' Up! Whale Done

  Some of my annual catalog stamps have been a bit neglected since the Jan.-June mini catalog came out so I decided to try to give them some love.  I grabbed Whale Done and coordinating Whale of a Time DSP to participate in the TGIF Challenge.  The challenge is to use Just Jade, Gorgeous Grape and Daffodil Delight on a card.

  I thought these were fun colors to use for an ocean scene.  And how could you not love a big purple whale?

  The card starts with a Just Jade card base then a layer of Whale of a Time DSP in a Just Jade wave pattern.  I edged the one side with a strip of Gorgeous Grape cardstock that I distressed for a bit of interest.

  Next I used two different Stitched Shapes circles.  The largest is stamped with the the seaweed in stamped off Just Jade ink and the smaller one has a pretty Daffodil Delight piece of coral.  I tucked the sentiment flag between the circles when adhering.

  The whale is punched with Gorgeous Grape and Just Jade and a little Basic Black eye.  I added some speckles along his back in Gorgeous Grape.  Once it was assembled I popped it up on dimensionals.

  A retired Crushed Curry baker's twine bow and some white enamel dots are added as embellishments to finish off this underwater celebration card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Whale Done, Itty Bitty Birthdays

Ink: Gorgeous Grape, Just Jade, Daffodil Delight

Paper: Just Jade, Gorgeous Grape, Whale of a Time DSP, Whisper White, Basic Black

Accessories: Stitched Shapes dies, Whale builder punch, dimensionals, enamel dots (retired), Crushed Curry baker's twine (retired)



3 comments:

  1. This is ADORABLE! What a great way to use these colors (way better than the one I did)!!! Happy and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! Very unique. Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!