Monday, February 19, 2018

Springtime Petals - Stampin' Up! Petal Palette

  Just so you don't think that all I have are cards with bird images on them I decided to share a floral card today.  But don't worry I have a whole bunch of bird cards to share soon!

 This card started off as something completely different.  I think I was trying to design a card for one challenge or another and it just took on a life of it's own.  It wasn't where I intended to end up but I like the results!


  After I stamped the flowers and leaves on the Crumb Cake panel I thought it would be neat to see how the Stampin' Blends worked on colored cardstock and with an ink that wasn't Memento.  I was pleastantly surprised by the soft look the colors took on.  

  Once the background was complete I stamped a few more blossoms onto Very Vanilla cardstock in Crumb Cake ink and then colored those in as well.  Using the coordinating Petals & More thinlets I cut them out and highlighted the stamped sentiment which was cut with the Stitched Shapes framelits.

  A little bit of Gold Natural trim gives just a hint of sparkle to this spring time birthday card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Petal Palette, Picture Perfect Birthday

Ink: Crumb Cake  Blends: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Calypso Coral

Paper: Very Vanilla thick, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake

Accessories: dimensionals, gold natural trim, Stitched Shapes framelits, Petals & More thinlets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!