Friday, May 26, 2017

Jar of Thanks - Fab Friday 114 - Stampin' Up! Jar of Love

   My family is in a full on push to the end of the school year and we're trying to finish strong and I'm trying to set a good example but I am D-O-N-E and I'm just the mom...think of the poor kids!  My oldest has his last SOL test today and then we are finished with the standardized testing for this school year.  And I can't even say or write or hear SOL without laughing.  When we first moved to Virginia 16 years ago this new testing that was being enacted on the public schools was all in the news and not having kids then I didn't really know anything about the SOLs.  All I kept thinking was what my dad meant when he would tell us that we "were SOL"!  Ha!  But now, of course I realize that in Virginia SOL means Standards of Learning.  I think the other meaning is just as fitting sometimes after looking at test questions!

  Anyway on to the stamping!  We have a new challenge at Fab Friday starting today and we hope you'll join in on the fun!

  Here is the versatile sketch:


  I used our challenge sketch for double duty this week and designed one of my stamp club cards to use the layout.  Since the Jar of Love bundle will be retiring with the current catalog I wanted to show it off one more time to my stampers.  The stamp set and framelits are carrying over but you will have to purchase them separately without the 10% off bundle pricing.


  The color combination was one that I saw while browsing Pinterest and I never would have put them together myself but I'm really pleased with how they look together.  Peekaboo Peach was probably my least favorite color when that set of In Colors was released last year but it has certainly grown on me.

  There isn't any fancy stamping or techniques on this card, just some 2 step stamping for the flowers which are cut out and then popped on the edge of the jar with dimensionals.

  I hope you'll head over to Fab Friday and see what the rest of the Design Team has in store for you and then play along with us!  It's a long weekend for many so there aren't any excuses!  And don't tell me I'm SOL!  :)

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Jar of Love

Ink: Smoky Slate, Pear Pizzazz, Peekaboo Peach, So Saffron

Paper: Smoky Slate, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, A Little Foxy DSP

Accessories: Everyday Jars framelits, Peekaboo Peach ruched ribbon, dimensionals


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!