Friday, April 14, 2017

Dapper Dad Collage - Fab Friday 110 - Stampin' Up! Swirly Bird

  I'm a few hours late getting my Fab Friday Design Team card shared but better late than never right?  I had originally let Mindy know that I wouldn't be able to have a card ready for this week's challenge because we were heading out of town for spring break.  I didn't even see the new set of color combos and sketches we would be working with for the next few months until the day before we were leaving.  It turned out we didn't leave as early as I thought we would but we were all packed so I had a few minutes to quickly put a card together with our challenge colors.  Woo-Hoo!  How proud I was to actually not have to be a flake this time around.  I packed the card up and planned to photograph it, edit it and do the blog post while on vacation.  Best laid plans right?  Well, we got up to the house we were renting in the mountains of Virginia and realized there was no internet.  So I had a card but no way to send it to Mindy for the challenge blog or to write my own blog post for it.

  It was a fabulous vacation with lots of outdoor time and quiet relaxing at the charming mountain farmhouse.  There was even a horse, donkey and sweet barn cat...just no internet!!  So that's why I'm several hours late sharing today.  But I'm home with internet service and a few minutes before dinner.



  I looked at the Fab Friday Challenge and had to laugh about the goof up with the colors...I was thinking it would have been easier if I had seen the grouping with the Calypso Coral instead of the Perfect Plum....The Perfect Plum stumped me!  So I guess use whatever set of colors speaks to you!



  And now for my card....when in doubt with a color challenge go with a lot of white space and the collage look!

  

  As you can see I used very little of the Perfect Plum....It just wasn't working for me so I just used it on the dapper Dad's bowtie and one of the hearts.  And speaking of those hearts and the "you're wonderful"...those a stamps from an upcoming Annual Catalog set that I received at the Stampin' Up! On Stage event last weekend.  It's called Tabs for Everything.  I think it will be a great go to set for fun sentiments!  I'll be all set with my Father's Day cards before too long with the way I've been stamping lately!

  The other images are from Swirly Bird.  I put everything together on Whisper White stitched shapes squares, added some DSP and embellishments and popped it all with dimensionals on a thick Whisper White base.

  I hope you'll join in on our Fab Friday color challenge this time...pick one palette or do a card for each!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Swirly Bird, Tabs for Everything (coming in the 2017/18 Annual Catalog)

Ink: Night of Navy, Pool Party, Old Olive, Peekaboo Peach, Perfect Plum, Crumb Cake

Paper: Whisper White, Whisper White thick, Floral Boutique DSP, Serene Scenery DSP stack

Accessories: Stitched Shapes framelits, corner rounder punch, Night of Navy baker's twine, linen thread, star shapes from Christmas Tag kit (retired), owl punch 9to punch out hearts), dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Your vacation spot looks really relaxing. I hope you all had a great time.
    Nice tip for color challenges! COLLAGE - that just might make it do-able! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!