Friday, June 10, 2016

Up & Away Birthday - Fab Friday 89 - Stampin' Up! Balloon Celebration

 Happy Friday!  And to make it even happier it's a Fab Friday challenge day!  Woo Hoo!  This time around we've got a sketch to get the creative juices going over the weekend!



  I took some liberties with this one but I think if you squint you can see the elements even if they aren't as straight lined as our sketch badge.


  I started off with a panel of watercolor paper on which I embossed 3 clouds with clear embossing powder.  Then I used my Aquapainter to paint on the sky around the clouds with Dapper Denim ink.  The ink-water mixture beads up on the embossing so you just wipe it off with a tissue or paper towel. After drying the watercolor paper with my heat gun I could add the other details.

  The balloon is outlined in Basic Gray and then filled in with Flirty Flamingo stamped off once and then highlighted with full strength ink.  I cut it out with the balloon punch, added a Whisper White baker's twine string and then popped it up on dimensionals.  Using the awesome Ruched Ribbon I added a few "bows" to the string in Dapper Denim and Flirty Flamingo. Just a little glue dot on the back of each knot makes it super easy to place them just where I wanted them to go.

  The sentiment from the new set Sunshine Sayings is stamped at the bottom in Basic Gray.  The final touch is one of the fun new Metallic Enamel shapes.  I thought a heart was good for a birthday!

  I can't wait to see what you make with our sketch!  Definitely head over to the Fab Friday blog and see what the rest of the Design Team has in store...they are always fabulous!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Balloon Celebrations,  Sunshine Sayings

Ink: Basic Gray, Dapper Denim, Flirty Flamingo, Versamark

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Gray, watercolor paper

Accessories: Balloon punch, baker's twine, ruched ribbon, clear embossing powder, dimensionals, glue dots, Metallic Enamel shapes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!