Thursday, December 10, 2015

Christmas in Purples - Stampin' Up! Be the Star

  Even though I  keep saying that I'm done making Christmas cards I just can't stop.  I'm still getting inspired!  For this card I used the Ink Smash technique that's been floating around for a few month.  I bought the Silicon Craft Sheet just to do this technique.


  Using damp watercolor paper you continue to layer and dry multiple colors of ink for a deep, rich background.  I stamped stars all over the top of it in silver ink using the Be the Star stamp set.

 Next,  I turned to the other elements and decided that some sparkle was necessary to go with this purple.  I added a panel of retired Brushed Silver cardstock to frame the purple.  I had one punched tree leftover from an earlier project so that went on.  It's Shimmery white cardstock embossed with the Softly Falling embossing folder.

  Next I used the Big Shot and the Christmas Greeting Thinlets and cut a Merry out of silver glimmer paper.



  With a scrap of Brushed silver I stamped the Christmas in Rich Razzleberry and cut a little banner.

  The final touch was some Shimmer Mist made with the retired Shimmer paint Stampin' Up! used to sell. I believe you can still find it out there but we don't carry it any longer.  It's a fabulous way to get a light coating of sparkle over a whole card.

  The color combination was inspired by the Color Me challenge which just announced that they are finished hosting challenges.  Too bad!  When ever I had a chance to play along I enjoyed their colors even if I didn't get it entered for that week it was fun to play along and see the inspiration.  So I thank the Design Team at Color Me for all that they have shared!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Be the Star, Holly Jolly Greetings

Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Perfect Plum, Rose Red, Melon Mambo, silver

Paper: Whisper White, Brushed silver (retired), Shimmery White, Silver Glimmer, watercolor

Accessories: Tree punch, Softly Falling e.f., Christmas Greeting thinlets, shimmer paint, dimensionals

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!