Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Anniversary Dozen - Stampin' Up! Barnyard Babies

  Last week my husband and I celebrated our 12th anniversary.  12 years sure flies by and I certainly won the first prize blue ribbon when I married him.

  My Barnyard Babies stamp set hadn't seen any ink year so why not....let's make an anniversary card with it.

  The itty bitty pig is so cute and went with the "hogs & kisses" sentiment which is love themed so that's where my idea started.

  I stamped 12 pigs (get it??  Dozen??) onto watercolor paper and then punched them out with the 7/8" scallop circle punch.  Then I colored them in with Blushing Bride ink and a blender pen.  Then I stamped the prize ribbon, colored it with Pacific Point ink and cut it out and attached it to a pig.


  I adhered the pigs with dimensionals to my card front which is a piece of Kraft Cardstock.  I needed a slightly larger card front to fit all the pigs so this one is almost 6 inches across.


  Next, I had to make an envelope to fit my over sized card.  I decided to do a pouch with a tab at the top to pull out the card.  Using another piece of Kraft cardstock and the new Tear & Tape adhesive (love it!) I made the pouch.  Then using a circle punch I notched a little opening at the top to make it easier to get the card out.

  Just because it isn't a traditional envelope doesn't mean the pouch wasn't getting gussied up either.  My rule for my stamping ladies at class is "No Naked Envelopes"!


I wrapped a bit of the new Very Vanilla thick baker's twine around it and tied a bow.  After stamping and coloring another pig (I guess it's now a baker's dozen with the pigs huh?) I cut it out and attached it to a little blue ribbon.  Just using the same 7/8" scalloped circle punch and the banner punch (with the banners trimmed down a bit) and Pacific Point cardstock makes for a cute ribbon!  You can make large ribbons by using larger scallop circle punches and the new banner Triple punch.



  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Barnyard Babies

Ink: Stazon, Blushing Bride, Pacific Point

Paper: watercolor paper, Kraft Cardstock, Pacific Point

Accessories: 7/8" scallop circle punch, banner punch, Very Vanilla thick baker's twine, dimensionals, circle punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!