Monday, May 18, 2015

Baseball Birthday

  Today is a card I pulled out of vault...I think I made it last fall for a challenge of some sort or another.  But it's a great design for a boys birthday card especially if he plays baseball.


  Simply Sports is my go to set for boys as the images are unfussy and look nice and bold without a lot of embellishments.

  The base is Smoky Slate with strips of Flashback DSP (retiring).  The Very Vanilla panel is cut on an angle (must have been a sketch challenge as I wouldn't have thought to do that on my own but it works!).  I embossed the baseball player in black embossing powder.

  A large silver button with Real Red 1/8" taffeta ribbon anchors the Happy Birthday banner from Itty Bitty Banners (retiring) and the "nine" stamp from the 25 Days stamp set from the last Holiday Catalog.  Both are embossed in black as well.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Simply Sports, Itty Bitty Banners (retiring), 25 Days (retired)

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Smoky Slate, Very Vanilla, Crushed Curry, Pool Party, Flashback DSP (retiring)

Accessories: silver button, 1/8" taffeta ribbon, black embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!