Monday, April 20, 2015

Lovely Sponged Sky

  With the Stampin' Up! retirement list coming out tomorrow I thought this would be a good card to share since the Lovely As A Tree set has been around FOREVER and demonstrators speculate every year if this set will be on the retirement list.  I hope not as it always makes a great card and having a classic tree/nature set in your collection is a must.

  I made this one for my mom's bible study group to send to a man from church who has been struggling with health problems recently to let him know we were praying for him.


  I used some scrap copy paper to mask the sides of the Naturals Vanilla cardstock.  Starting at the top I sponged Pumpkin Pie ink  making it darker towards the top and going lighter into Daffodil Delight ink and then into Old Olive.

  Once the sky was finished I left the mask on and inked up the pine tree stamp with Mossy Meadow and stamped it right over the top of the sky and then stamped a few more times without re-inking to create my forest of pine trees.

  The banner is stamped with the the "thinking of you" from Sheltering Tree set.  I popped it up and wrapped a bit of linen thread and a strip of Mossy Meadow ribbon. 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

  Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Sheltering Tree

  Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow

  Paper: Naturals Vanilla, Mossy Meadow

  Accessories: linen thread, Mossy Meadow satin ribbon, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card. I love your design and the way you stamped the trees.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!