Friday, June 27, 2014

Cheerful Flower Patch

  It will be a few days coming up for me but I still wanted to keep sharing some new projects with you.  This one today is surprisingly not for a challenge.  I think I ran out of challenges last weekend on my marathon stamping run so I came up with this one all on my own!

  As soon as I saw the Flower Patch photopolymer set I knew I wanted it.  I think the possibilities are endless with this set....there are so many different flowers and stems that you can create all sorts of different looks.  And the fact that the Flower Fair framelits go with this great set makes it even better!  Get the bundle of the stamp set and framelits together and save 15%!


  This color combination came from fabric I saw in a quilt shop when I was shuttling my mom around to various shops when she visited last month.  I don't sew but get plenty of inspiration from the fabrics and quilt samples.  I used Calypso Coral, Cantaloupe Crisp, Old Olive and Wisteria Wonder for my flowers and leaves.  I cut them out with the matching framelits and layered them along the side of my card front.  Some are popped up with dimensionals for added height.

  One very cool thing about the totally clear photopolymer stamps is that they are super easy to line up.  I made my own background stamp by placing the Flower Patch stamps onto a larger clear block and then stamping them all at once onto my Crumb Cake panel.  So easy!!

  I left a sentiment off of this card for now and will add one when I have the need for a bright happy card to sent to someone.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Flower Patch

Ink: Calypso Coral, Cantaloupe Crisp, Old Olive,  Wisteria Wonder, Crumb Cake

Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White

Accessories: Flower Flair framelits, rhinestone, 1/4" cotton, ribbon, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Love your creative idea for making an easy background with these fun images! You've inspired me to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!