Friday, October 4, 2013

Spooky Spider

  This is going to be a quick one for today.  I have a busy Friday ahead of me…first a private stamping lesson, then some volunteering at the boys school, then getting geared up for some weekend fun.  Matt and the boys want to "camp" in the backyard tomorrow night…and as I was told by Alex, "Mommy you can sleep in the tent with us now since we got you a sleeping bag last Christmas!".  Oh joy!  =)  At least I think I can sneak inside to my own bed once they are all asleep since they are all quite heavy sleepers!

  To start the day off right we have another great challenge at Fab Friday!  Check out these colors!  Are they Halloween or what?  I'm actually curious to see what kind of non-Halloween cards you all come up with.  Halloween was all I could see when I pulled the colors out to start my card and I just couldn't get away from that idea!


  I didn't get a new Halloween stamp set this year since I've finally come to terms with the fact that besides maybe one project for stamp club I don't really make Halloween projects.  So when lacking in the themed stamp set department I turn to punch art.  Check out this creepy crawly!


  I played around with the color combos a lot for this one and I'm still not perfectly happy but it is what it is.  I do like how the spider came out though.  Do you recognize his legs?  Hello hexagon punch!  Isn't that just another fun use for that punch?

 I did cheat a little and there is some Basic Gray in the DSP but it was the only DSP that I had that would work for a spider body and I didn't want to make him too life-like with a black body!  Ew!

  I hope you will go check out the all star design team creations at Fab Friday and then play along!  Will you go Halloween or not with these colors?

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Designer Typeset (photopolymer)

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Howlstooth & Scarringbone DSP (retired), Whisper White

Accessories: 1 3/8" circle punch (body), 1" circle punch (head), Owl punch (eyes), Hexagon punch (legs), candy dots, white embossing powder, edgelit, Pefect Polka Dot e.f., stitched ribbon, baker's twine, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!