Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Clean and Simple Christmas

  I know you're thinking,  "really Amanda?? Christmas?  It's barely September and the temps are still 90 here in Virginia this week…."  I know I know!  I should be working on fall cards and getting birthday cards ready but this Christmas card idea just came about and I had to go with it.  I even have all the stuff cut and stamped to put together 10 more of this design so I can start whittling away at the 100+ cards I need for Christmas this year.

  I used 2 challenges for this card. The layout is from CAS(e) this Sketch and the colors are from The Paper Players.




  I went very CAS but with a few little details…I used black embossing powder for the sentiment.  Heat embossing always adds a wow factor and it give a little bit of shine that looks great against the Whisper White background.


I stamped the ornament in Rich Razzleberry, cut it out with the framelits and then added Dazzling Details to the little dots in the pattern.  I popped it up with dimensionals and then dressed it up with a Pool Party bakers twine bow and "hung" it with a rhinestone.


 I rounded the corners of my Whisper White panel to soften the lines a bit.

  I want to apologize for the poor photos lately.  There is something inside of the lens of my camera that is making a dark smug along the left side.  You can't see it on the camera lens but it shows in all the photos when I use the macro lens.  It's like a little fuzz or something and the focus is off because of it.  Added to the camera problem one of the boys knocked one of my lightbox lights on the floor.  It seemed to be OK at first and then it stopped working yesterday.  I tried changing the lightbulb but still nothing.  So now I've got a camera issue and an uneven lighting issue.  If anyone has a good cheap camera suggestion I'm all ears!  I just need something that will take good up close photos of cards.

  Thanks for bearing with me during these technical difficulties!  Who knew it would be so hard to share some papercrafting huh?

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Delightful Dozen, Gorgeous Grunge, Ornament Keepsakes

Ink: Versamark, Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry

Paper: Pool Party, Basic Black, Whisper White

Accessories: corner rounder punch, Ornament framelits, Dazzling Details, black embossing powder, dimensionals, baker's twine, rhinestone

8 comments:

  1. Oh, so sweet! I love how you hung the ornament from the sentiment like that!
    Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Amanda! I'm sure ready for the 100's to go away, but not quite ready for Christmas! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hanging ornament. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no....I took photos yesterday and there was a big smudge on my lens too! Luckily I could clean it off! Still hanging on to my old Fugi--big & clumsy but it has SUPER macro...which makes me happy! This is one of my favorite cards I've seen this week! Very clever to make a holiday card, especially with that Grunge image! So happy you were able to play with my colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't gotten the grunge set because I don't do grunge!! But how perfectly you have used it here. It gives such a nice base to the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, combining these colors into a Christmas card AND using the Grunge set? Way to rock both of them! Fabulous use of the stamps. Very clever. So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love holiday cards in non-traditional colors! Love your sparkly ornament and the way it dangles from the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful card and so fun how the ornament is hung. Well done !
    Mélanie (Mel toi au scrap)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!