Friday, November 23, 2012

Tidings of Joy Shimmer - Fab Friday

  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed the time with family and friends.  As usual my father-in-law spoiled us rotten with his awesome cooking.  We were lucky enough to snag some leftovers to bring home so I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner take 2 tonight!  There's even some of the dessert we made left!  Bonus!

  I'm late getting this posted but here's my project for Fab Friday 07!  It's a really fun sketch that Mindy has for this time around.  Check out the rest of the Design Team projects!  They are super talented!



  This was a fun sketch since the main panel is so big you can do just about anything you'd like.  I wanted to use the great image from the retired set Tidings of Joy that didn't see nearly enough ink last year.  It's a bit time consuming to watercolor but it's so adorable!







  I mixed the image with a sentiment from More Merry Messages.  I added a bit of shimmer throughout this card...I painted Champagne Shimmer paint on Baby Jesus' blanket and the star.  To highlight the sentiment a bit I lightly colored over the scroll-y words with an even lighter coat of Champagne Shimmer paint and then added a little banner made from Champagne Glimmer paper.  You'd think with all this champagne flowing on here that it would be New Year's eve or something!

  Here are some close ups of the details!



 Don't forget to see the other team members projects over at Fab Friday.  And get to work on your own submission!  We'd love to have you play along!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Tidings of Joy (retired), More Merry Messages

Ink: Stazon, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, Cherry Cobbler, Baja Breeze, More Mustard, Marina Mist

Paper: Baja Breeze, watercolor paper, Floral District DSP, Brushed Gold, Champagne Glimmer paper

Accessories: Simply Scored, faceted button, 1/8" taffeta ribbon, adhesive pearl, Champagne Shimmer paint

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Amanda! You've colored the image beautifully, and love what you did with the sentiment. Thanks for sharing :) Sounds like you enjoyed your day yesterday - we did too. Our DS came home Tues. night and flew back out this a.m. We had a nice visit. Wish DD could have been here, but we understand! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! I wish I had the energy to make 125 of these to send out with our picture this year... maybe I can put together just one! It would be adorable in a frame or on a distressed piece of wood for display.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!