Monday, July 2, 2012

Primrose Make A Cake

  Happy July everyone!  I hope you are all safe and sound (and with power) after this past week's storms!  We got a big one Monday afternoon and then again on Friday night.  We only lost power for a few hours during the night right as we were heading to bed on Friday so it wasn't a big deal for us but I know a lot of others in our area lost power as well as damage to trees and property.  Please stay safe!

  This past week I had my New Catalog Party & Retirement sale.  That was a lot to prepare for!  Pricing all the items, designing/prepping the projects, cleaning the house and refreshments.  Well, I cheated a bit with the refreshments since I didn't make any of it, just went to the store.  But I had a great turn out and the ladies all seemed to like the new products that I introduced and they enjoyed "shopping" my retired stash. 

I had well over 100 retired sets as well as a ton of miscellaneous items.  These photos were taken on Wednesday before the morning session started so a lot had already been taken the night before.  Too much stuff huh?  That's exactly what my bulging stamp room keeps telling me!

  If you're interested in seeing what is still available for purchase you can see my sale listing over on Splitcoaststampers HERE

  On to one of the projects my stamping ladies made for the new Catalog Party!

 New colors, new stamp sets, new ribbon, new Designer Series Paper, new Framelits....Oh my!

  The base is the new In Color Primrose Petals.  The stamp sets used were Make a Cake and for the greeting; Itty Bitty Banners.  The ribbon is the new style, 3/8" stitched satin ribbon,  that coordinates with the new In Colors.  We used Midnight Muse for this card.  The DSP is called Patio Party and is filled with fun banners, flags and great patterns.  After stamping the cake and flags (just mask off the cake when stamping the flags for a neat image) we use the new Apothecary Accents Framelits which has 4 great shapes included to cut out the cake.  A rhinestone was added for some sparkle and then the cake panel was popped on dimensionals.

  In other Stampin' Up! news, demonstrators were allowed to pre-order from the Holiday Catalog starting yesterday.  I think I went a little nuts so you may start seeing Christmas projects super early this year!  Now is a great time to join Stampin' Up!  The starter kit is totally customizable now!  You get any $125 worth of products for just $99.  And you get to see and order new products early (along with a ton of other great benefits!).  If you'd like to learn more just give me a shout!  I could talk stamping all day!

  Keep cool!  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Eat Cake, Itty Bitty Banners

Ink: Primrose Pink, markers- Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse

Paper: Primrose Pink, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Patio Party DSP


Accessories: 3/8" stitched satin ribbon, rhinestone, dimensionals, corner rounder, Apothecary Accents Framelits

1 comment:

  1. Perfect card to show off new product! Love the colors and the layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!