Saturday, November 5, 2011

Missing You Balloons

  I hope everyone had a great Saturday!  I had a fun time at our preschool used book sale and Holiday Stop and Shop.  We sold a lot of books and I can't wait to hear what the final amount raised is.  I also was able to get some Christmas shopping done since I was without 2 little boys would would have been grabbing at everything.  There were some wonderful vendors there with beautiful handcrafted items.  I wish I was more of a jewelry person as there were some great pieces for sale.  I even met a nice woman from church who had a booth and was selling some hand stamped cards.  I of course told her that I stamped too so we talked shop for a few minutes!  I could talk stamping all day!  Anyway, on to the card for today....

  I made this one this week using the sketch challenge at Mojo Monday.  It took me a few days to finish working on it a few minutes here and there.  I'm still not loving the piece of DSP on the left side but I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the balloons to distract you (and me!) from that DSP!  Is it working?

  I used my Circle Scissors Plus for the larger circles and stamped the clouds in Baja Breeze on the Whisper White.  I stamped and cut out the balloons and added the Dazzling Diamonds details (I used markers to color the striped and plaid balloons).  I punched out the sentiment and layered it on a scallop oval and dressed up the edge with some Itty Bitty punch pack flowers and rhinestones.

  The DSP layer is from the retired pack Elegant Soiree which I still have some scraps floating around and am trying to use up.  I added a strip of scallop edge, seam binding and Rich Razzleberry brads.  I don't know what I would have done differently with this layer since I tried just about everything and nothing was pleasing me so I just decided to leave it alone and move on to the next project.  I just noticed that it is crooked, maybe that's what's wrong??

 Don't forget that the Free Big Shot promotion is going until November 11.  Now is a great time to join Stampin' Up!  Demonstrators will be getting a sneak peek of the Occasions Mini catalog soon!  It's so fun to see new stamps and accessories and get to order them early!  Join for the discount, just to get the kit or to build a business....you decide, it's as easy as that!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?


Stamps: Up, Up and Away


Ink: Island Indigo, Baja Breeze, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black

Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Rich Razzleberry, Elegant Soiree DSP (retired)


Accessories: brads, scallop edge punch, rhinestones, Dazzling Diamonds, seam binding, oval punch, scallop oval punch, Circle Scissors Plus, dimensionals, Itty Bitty shapes punch pack

3 comments:

  1. Yay for good days! Glad to hear that the sale went well. I used to love working the book fairs. Your card is pretty, Amanda, and I love the 'bling' you added to the balloons! Hmmm....no problem with the DP that I can see :) Hugs...Pj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the DSP that you used, lol! This card is so soft and pretty, love the layering.

    Glad that you had fun at the sale and got to do some Christmas shopping too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your sale went well...thats a hugh plus for shopping days. Your card is so awesome. I love the colors and everything! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!