Thursday, March 17, 2011

Easter Wishes Butterfly

  Here is a Clean and Simple card I designed for a quick one-on-one stamping session with my downline member over this past weekend.  She's also my brother-in-law's girlfriend so it's a family affair!  She's still a new stamper and we were tight on time so I wanted to show her a few projects using the Big Shot but didn't have a ton of steps.  I saw this card by LauriBColeman on Splitcoaststampers and really liked the layout and use of the Top Note die. 


 The base of the card is Sahara Sand.  The Top Note was cut from Whisper White.  We used the long vine stamp from Vintage Vogue and stamped it in Always Artichoke.  It fits perfectly across the Top Note.  We used the Beautiful Wings embosslit with some Baja Breeze and Pink Pirouette cardstock.  We adhered the 2 butterflies together with SNAIL and then added an adhesive pearl.  We landed our butterfly on the edge of the vine and used dimensionals to adhere it.

  Some Baja Breeze seam binding across the middle and the Easter Wishes sentiment in Sahara Sand finish this one off.  I just noticed that my seam binding knot is totally lopsided...I'll have to remember to fix that before I pop it in the mail....don't want anyone to think I was drinking & stamping!  Oh wait, I was having a glass of wine while making this card!!  You cannot get away without a drink at my in-laws....it's like a family tradition...4pm is cocktail hour!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Something to Celebrate (hostess set)

Ink: Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand

Paper: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette

Accessories: Top Note die, Beautiful Wings embosslit, adhesive pearl, dimensionals, Baja Breeze seam binding


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo pretty! Love the colors you chose too! Have a great weekend!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! I love that it is simple yet elegant. Nice color combo too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!